A Gas safety check (CP12) is an integral part of safety within a business or rented property. Our registered engineers can conduct Gas Safety Certificates along with servicing your gas appliances.
As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. Landlords’ duties apply to a wide range of accommodation, occupied under a lease or licence, which includes, but not exclusively:
- residential premises provided for rent by local authorities, housing associations, private sector landlords, housing co-operatives, hostels
- rooms let in bed-sit accommodation, private households, bed and breakfast accommodation and hotels
- rented holiday accommodation such as chalets, cottages, flats, caravans and narrow boats on inland waterways.
Contact us now to book your Gas Safety Certificate – Call 0330 088 1581 or fill in the form below
If you let a property equipped with gas appliances you have three main responsibilities:
- Maintenance: pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Gas safety checks: a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.
- Record: a record of the annual gas safety check must be provided to your tenant within 28 days of the check being completed or to new tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for two years.
You can read more about Gas Safety by downloading this free guide from HSE
Contact us now to book your Gas Safety Certificate – Call 0330 088 1581 or fill in the form