Our Electrical Testing & Inspection Service covers Homes and Businesses of all sizes across the UK. Our friendly and reliable staff will conduct your Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) at a time convenient to you with minimal disruption.
All electrical installations deteriorate with age and use. They should therefore be inspected and tested at appropriate intervals to check whether they are in a safe condition. This is often referred to as ‘periodic inspection and testing, Fixed Wire Testing or Electrical Installation Condition Reporting’.
A Electrical inspection will:
- Reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment are overloaded.
- Find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards.
- Identify any defective electrical work.
- Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding.
Tests are also carried out on fixed electrical equipment to check that they are safe. A schedule of circuits is also provided, which is invaluable for a property.
You will receive a full report detailing any damage, defects or any non-compliances with the present-day safety standard that might give rise to danger.
If any dangerous or potentially dangerous condition or conditions are found, the overall condition of the electrical installation will be declared to be ‘unsatisfactory’, meaning that remedial action is required without delay to remove the risks to those in the premises.
Contact us today to ensure you are safe and compliant
How often is a fixed wire inspection required?
Your electrics should be inspected and tested every:
- 10 years for an owner-occupied home.
- 5 years for a rented home.
- 5 Years for Schools, Offices & Shops
- 3 years for Industrial
- 1 year for Theatres, Restaurants & Hotels
Other times when a Electrical Installation Condition Report should be carried out are:
- When a property is being prepared for letting.
- Before selling a property or buying a previously-occupied property.